My Citrix XenApp 6.0 and Microsoft bug list
Written by Thomas Koetzing
Saturday, 30 April 2011
I'm very busy lately and I wanted to add sections for XenApp 6.0 and Remote Desktop Services (RDS, Terminal Services) but couldn't find the time yet. So here my quick Citrix XenApp 6.0 and Windows bug list to be aware of.
Citrix XenApp 6.0 and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
I highly recommend to install service pack 1 for Server 2008 R2 because it fixes several Remote Desktop Service (Terminal Service) issues that are also affecting XenApp. Read the following KB for Known Issues CTX126711 with SP1. I also highly recommend reviewing ALL available Citrix hotfixes for XenApp 6.0 and consider installing a bunch of them.
Citrix XenApp 6.0 bug list:
- When rebooting you get a BSOD (blue screen) or looks like a HANG, make sure you install:
Hotfix XA600W2K8R2X64018 - For Citrix XenApp 6.0 for Windows Server 2008 R2 - English
Hotfix XA600W2K8R2X64001 - For Citrix XenApp 6.0 for Windows Server 2008 R2 - English
- Installing hotfixes, make sure to do it on the console and with the local administrator or see the following on how to do it the right way:
Internal Error 2869 when Installing Hotfixes on XenApp 6.0
- Check also Citrix satement on hotfix language support
XenApp 6 Hotfix Support for Languages
- After shadowing within an ICA session you get a STOP 0x00000035 NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS error:
Open a Citrix Call and ask for SR# 60528198 to get a private fix. If any of my customers has the issue, please contact me.
- Setting Idle and Disconnect Timeout has changed in a BAD way, see how to do it
How to Configure Idle and Disconnect Timeout Settings in XenApp 6
- Shadow with Custom Citrix Administrators needs manual fix with DCOMCNFG!
How to Configure MFCOM Launch Permissions (look for MFcom)
Windows Server 2008 R2 bug list:
- Shadowing users with multi monitor is not possible right now and therefore also NOT for XenApp 6.0, this is really a pain for support personal
Error: Shadow failed. Error code 7044
- Annoying "Single-click" folder option for users on Server 2008 R2
The group policy "Classic Shell activate" (Windows-Explorer) should fix that by enabling it but actually you should disable it! Then users have to set the folder option back and forth or you can set a registry value to do it for the users.
Microsoft Office 2010 (still and persistent) bug
- Since Office 2007 the Office Team doesn't care to store the "ribbon" changes in "local settings" or "local" with 2008 which are not roaming. Those files are *.qat files and Citrix User Profile Manager takes care of that. Three years later, someone (MVP, PM etc.) should have told those guys but what have they done?
The Office Team changed the *.qat files to *.officeUI but STILL in the local settings!
Here some things I'm working to publish for you guys on Remote Desktop Services:
- How to simply and centrally rename the "Computer" icon on Server 2008 and beyond
- How to remove "Administrative Tools" and "Devices and Printer" for the start menu
- How to publish the Printer folder to the Desktop
- How to avoid Server-Manager and PowerShell as pined programs for all users
- How to "clean" pined programs for all users
- How to remove "Screen Resolution" from the desktop context menu
- How do disable "Single-click" folder option
- How to set folder option open in same window